Information for participants
Please note that the following information are regarding the Reykjavik Pride Parade 2019. The content will be updated accordingly to the Pride Parade 2020 later on.
Each group’s contact is responsible for making sure that this information reaches all participants in their group.
Set-up and parade route
- The parade will not follow the same route as last year. The set-up for the parade starts at 12:00 at Tækniskólinn next to Hallgrímskirkja. You will enter the set-up area at the car park between the church and the school. There you will meet a staff member of Reykjavík Pride, who will tell you your position in the set-up. The security manager will check in with every group to make sure that rules are followed. It is important that everyone shows up on time, because it can be time consuming to set up the parade properly.
- When the parade starts we march Skólavörðustígur, Bankastræti, Lækjargata, Fríkirkjuvegur and Sóleyjargata where the parade will end and we’ll move into Hljómskálagarður, where the concert after the parade will take place.
- To avoid chaos and delays, participants must leave the parade area immediately after the parade ends. Participants on cars/floats need to get off quickly and walk towards the stage. Drivers drive their cars to the right towards Hringbraut.
- Each group will be introduced to the audience. Every group writes their own introduction for a presenter to read – This text needs to be sent to email@example.com
Generators and/or sound systems
- Renting of sound systems and generators represents a significant cost for Reykjavík Pride. There have been incidents of people, requesting the equipment, backing out at the last minute. Therefore, we ask for a personal number (kennitala) and people who do not use their equipment and cancel before the 6th. of August, pay for the rent. If you do use it you will not receive a bill.
- Sound systems and generators are loaded onto the cars at Sonik equipment rental at Jöfurbás 2.
- Sound systems and generators are to be returned immediately after the parade ends. The driver goes straight back to Sonik where the equipment will be received by assistant. If generators and sound systems are not returned by 17:00 on the day of the parade the group responsible will be fined
- Please note that the generators take a lot of space and can be difficult to fit into small cars. They can also potentially leak, which could ruin car upholstery. If you want to try to fit a generator into a small car you must contact us for further information.